Sunday, May 24, 2015

Killer Space Clowns?

Well, one of my favorite factions came out for 40k, so I am, once again, switching armies.

I've been a big fan of Harlequins since I found out about them. They epitomize the glass canon nature of the Eldar race. Elegant, fast, deadly, while still crumpling like a paper bag. It also doesn't hurt that my Fiancee (soon to be wife as of June 6th) has danced since she was 3, so a little bit of connection in that regard.

After much debate, I've decide to go with the completely random colors and patterns, much like the Harlequins of old. I think basing will unite them all, and it'll let me play around with squads easily. I may regret the idea later. But it should stop me from being bored from painting the same scheme again and again.

I picked up a decent amount of stuff from the main release, the current tally stands at:

4 Harlequin Troupe Boxes, 24 Players (23 after the dog decided to use one as a chew toy)
1 Solitaire
2 Skyweaver Boxes, 4 Jetbikes
2 Starweaver/Voidweaver Boxes
1 Collectors Edition Harlequin Codex Set

I intend to get at least 1 Shadowseer and Death Jester, as well as 2 more boxes of Starweavers, and 1 more of the Skyweavers. That should allow a great deal of variety in my list making choices.

I've completed one Troupe player already, and am halfway through the second. If anyone has some fun color combinations they would like to suggest, I'm all ears (pointed though they may be).

No comments:

Post a Comment